Jens Hansen Guarantees
Jens Hansen offers a return to studio lifetime workmanship guarantee on our jewellery. This means that if in the unlikely event a workmanship defect is ever discovered, we will replace or repair the item. The item needs to be returned to our studio for assessment and repair and the guarantee does not cover wear and tear, accidental or consequential damage. If your item was repaired or damaged due to work by an unauthorized third party service provider we may not be able to guarantee that repair or any consequential impact that may have resulted.
If for some reason you are not completely satisfied then we would gladly refund the price of your purchase – less our shipping and handling costs – as soon as you have safely returned the item to us. Notification of return needs to be completed within 14 days of receiving the goods.
Please note that under the Consumer Guarantees Act of New Zealand we are not legally required to give you a refund or replacement if you have just changed your mind, however, for online orders and clients purchasing sight unseen we offer the 14 day change of mind period above, provided goods are not customized and/or personalized.
To guarantee safe return we would strongly recommend using an insured courier service such as DHL, Fedex etc.
Engraved, Special or Custom Orders are final and cannot be exchanged or returned except for sizing & minor modifications, which will be chargeable, if these are in fact possible for the item in question.
- Please contact us by email to explain the problem. If necessary we will then issue you a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- The procedure is to the send the package back to us by some form of courier e.g. DHL. Please make sure the package is insured in case of any loss and please label the Customs declaration “Returned Faulty Merchandise” and enclose a copy of the original invoice you got from us if you still have it.
- Once we have safely received your package, then provided you have the RMA number we will then refund the cost of your purchase less our original shipping cost.
- We reserve the right to not accept a return and may require a restocking or repair fee if the item has been damaged or has been worked on by a 3rd party.
- Our guarantee and the Consumer Guarantees Act of New Zealand do require that we are given reasonable opportunity to replace, repair or or remedy any products or services found to be faulty, and that we cannot be held liable for compensation if third party repair or replacement costs are incurred before giving us said opportunity and a reasonable timeframe to rectify any situation first.